Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Personal Story


Hello,
            After thinking about a brand and what I could use to describe myself, I have decided my brand is still incomplete. My brand is something that is both growing and changing everyday. I believe my brand is made up of my views of life, my interests, and my family. If someone were to have a first impression of me I have been told I am shy.  Also, people have told me I appear bitchy.  Little do they know I am only shy when I first get to know some one. Once I feel comfortable with someone I am my normal, silly self. To me, my normal self is outgoing, compassionate, and high-spirited. I would like to portray myself to others as someone who is outgoing, trustworthy, and loving. Someone who is looking to live each moment in life to the fullest. Someone who does not put up with bullshit from others.  Someone who enjoys the company of others and making people laugh.  I am happy when other people are happy. I want others to feel how lucky I am to have the life I am living each and everyday. I am so thankful for the life that I have been given. 
Little cousin, Brain, in search for the Golden Egg
            For you to know a little about me. I am from a large extended family in Winnetka, Illinois.  To me my family is the most important thing I have in my life. I am very fortunate to live so close to all my aunts, uncles, and cousins. Growing up and going to both grade school and high school with my cousins was always very fun. Everyone was there to cheer me on in games, which was always very special. I always knew they were there because they sat and yelled in the same corner each and every game. I am thankful to be apart of the many traditions we share together. One tradition that means a lot to me and helps to explain my family the best is the Easter Egg Hunt at my cousins house in Palm Beach, Florida. Everyone is after all the money eggs, especially the golden egg. I have never won the golden egg, or will have any change of winning it due to my older, competitive male cousins.

Oldest of three
          As a young child, my brother and I have been very involved in sports. I began playing both soccer and basketball with the encouragement from my father. My father has devoted much of his time and energy to teach us the game, which allowed both of us to see his passion for both life and sports. The commitment and and involvement in sports have been a large part of my life.  Sports from a young age have taught me one of the most important lessons in life: organization of time. Being involved in both busy sports schedules and school has allowed me to recognize the amount of time it takes to be both a well-rounded student and athlete.  Even though I decided to not play a sport in college, I have found other ways to become involved. Joining a sorority was a great decision. I consider every girl in my sorority my sister. The love and support they give me helps to shape who I am. Knowing I can trust each of these girls and count on them for anything is very comforting to me. They are my team. They are my family. I am so fortunate to be apart of  Kappa Delta. This is my brand.
Birthday celebration in Palm Beach with my sisters!



No comments:

Post a Comment